Following the two previous editions of the international conference “From Seed to Pasta”, this third edition (FSTP3, Bologna, 19 -21 September 2018) is timely in view of the remarkable progress in durum wheat science and the increasing concern on the future availability of durum grain due to climate change, a matter with fundamental socio-economic implications in the Mediterranean countries where durum-derived products are a staple.
The interdisciplinary nature of the FSTP3 congress will provide a unique opportunity to learn and debate the latest achievements in durum wheat production and processing and to assess the impact of the durum-value chain on the environment and our health.
Roberto Ranieri, as moderator of the round table on the “Innovation in the durum wheat-pasta chain” (Session 7), will introduce the discussion with a “Short summary on the innovations of pasta value chain in the last 50 years”.
In the same Session:
- Francesco Pantò (Barilla G. e R. F.lli spa, Italy) – “Pasta ready meal and pasta with legumes”;
- Marina Mastromauro (Pastificio Attilio Mastromauro, Italy) – “Nutritional and healthy pasta claims”;
- Pasquale Casillo (Casillo Group, Italy) – “Effect of the patent “Gluten Friendly” on pasta”;
- Luciano Mondardini(Pavan – Italy) – “High tech pilot tool for researchers to investigate ingredients and pasta performances under industrial conditions”;
- Valeria Terzi (CREA, Italy) – “Traceability of the pasta supply chain”